Instrument and mic interfaces

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by BigCabDaddy, Mar 16, 2011.

1. ipsingh

ipsingh
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Really feel nice to know that audio interfaces work fine with garageband on iPad, I loved it's guitar, synth, drums and bass sounds but keyboard sounds could be better.

2. jakeLowe

jakeLowe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Super bummer!!

GarageBand doesn't work with irig or peavey.

I guess I need to buy the $100 one from apple.

GB is really amazing with live recording and changing stuff on the fly.

3. jakeLowe

jakeLowe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    yes is does!

Sweet.

Thanks

4. iamwally

iamwally
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi Guys and Gals! New round here but had a quick question. Just bought a Lexicon Omega second hand and hooked it up to my ipad 2. Works splendidly with ampkit but with garageband when I try to use the guitar amp section it is completely distorted and unusable. Has anyone else run into this problem? BTW Ipad 2 is running ios 5.0.1 and I know the Alesis io dock is having the problem I described with ios 5.0.1 but hadn't read anything abount Lexicon Omega experiencing any trouble which is why I purchased it over the io dock. Let me know.

Thanks,

iamwally

5. dave_bass5

dave_bass5
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I've had two iRigs and thought they were rubbish. I did have ok results with te GK pocket amp, and also GarageBand, but I felt it was too noisy and weak sounding.
    Now I have the JAM interface I'm much more into using my iPad for this sort of thing. I've brought quite a few of the amp sims but my favourite is definitely AmpKit. This seems to have the strongest tone ( for bass) and hardly any delay, something I can't say for Amplitube with the iRig.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

6. keawi

keawi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    hi I just bought the ipad 2 it's great and as an artist i tested garage band made a video tutorial on youtube to show people how easy and quick it is to use garage band on the ipad2 there's the link ;)

check it out on youtube 'how to create a great song with garageband+vocalive on the ipad 2 quick and easy ' :)