What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

INSTAPAPER vs EVERNOTE

Riyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
INSTAPAPER and EVERNOTE .. are there people here using both, if yes .. how do you use them. Since a few days I installed Instapaper and I find that I use Instapaper a lot for pages I need to read at a later time. I use Evernote quite a lot also, but for example on the iPad when I see a web page that I want to read later I find it difficult to upload it to evernote (or am I missing something) while with Instapaper it is a matter of tapping one button

Richard

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Instapaper is for reading an article later when I don't have time now. It's like ripping a page out of a magazine and shoving it in my pocket. I'll probably throw it away when I'm done reading it.

Evernote is that little pocket book you jot things down in so you remember them later. I don't use it to read articles, but to save references and information that I may want to act on later. I do things like this with it:

Keep my vehicle info handy: License, VIN, stuff
My printer cartridge numbers, so I know if the ones on sale will work.
Collections of links to support sites or, so I can paste them into posts later.
A picture of a book I want to look up when I get home.
My dog's vet records.
A list of stuff I might want to buy, but not right now.
Reminders to research something.
Jot down a quick idea.
Collect information on a topic from various sites.
Write a really bad poem.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Spend ages pasting content from Insta to Ever.
The two are totally different to use.

Reread in Insta and then copy and create tags for the detail I want to keep.
Makes finding it so much easier and stops Insta becoming overstuffed and indigestable :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Instapaper is for reading an article later when I don't have time now. It's like ripping a page out of a magazine and shoving it in my pocket. I'll probably throw it away when I'm done reading it.

Evernote is that little pocket book you jot things down in so you remember them later. I don't use it to read articles, but to save references and information that I may want to act on later. I do things like this with it:

Keep my vehicle info handy: License, VIN, stuff
My printer cartridge numbers, so I know if the ones on sale will work.
Collections of links to support sites or, so I can paste them into posts later.
A picture of a book I want to look up when I get home.
My dog's vet records.
A list of stuff I might want to buy, but not right now.
Reminders to research something.
Jot down a quick idea.
Collect information on a topic from various sites.
Write a really bad poem.

So - you really do write poems - I wondered....but didn't like to ask (we Brits are so reserved)

I think we need some in the 'Anything Goes' section.....

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So - you really do write poems - I wondered....but didn't like to ask (we Brits are so reserved)

I think we need some in the 'Anything Goes' section.....

Tim
Scotland

I used to be serious about it, but like most things I found being serious seriously hinderes fun and quality. Now I just play with words when I'm in the mood. The name is actally a anagram of an even older online name which in turn was a play on my name and being online; pewterpot.

I may occationlay share a bit of light verse, but I don't inflict seriouls poetry on friends unless they are foolish enough to ask. ;)

Most reactions