Instapaper is a tool for saving web pages to read later and it has about 2 million users. Many of these users come from iOS, as there is a special app for iPhone and iPad users, as well. And now the developer of the app has released a really useful feature which allows to read articles much faster. Here's how the official changelog sounds like:
Speaking of the new features, Instapaper said the following on their official blog:
- Speed Reading! Breeze through articles quickly using speed reading while tracking the time you save across all of your articles
- Lightning fast saves! The Instapaper save extension has been further optimized for speed and efficiency
- Instant sync can be enabled in Settings to have new articles pushed directly to your device!
- Tweet Shots: Share beautiful images of text selections or highlights to Twitter, and save space for your own thoughts!
- Long press the archive button to delete articles
- Region-specific language detection for text-to-speech
- Fixed bug with handling App Store links from the in-app browser
- Fixed AirPlay streaming while the app is in the background
- Better styles for figure captions
- Many other lovely improvements!
"Instapaper 6.2 just hit the App Store! Our focuses for this release were speed and efficiency, which are evident in three new features: speed reading, instant sync, faster saving"
Have a look at the video from below, as well, to have a better look at these new features in action: