What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing & setting up Cloud

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've set up cloud on my desktop, and found it in settings of mini retina ipad. It won't verify on the ipad, keeps telling me to check mail. I don't think I've set up the cloud address on the ipad :(
I tried to set it up on the desktop, but not sure of the incoming mail address. Consequently when I try to verify it on the desktop and it says resend mail - it does not happen.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it can be found in Settings - iCloud on your iPad, with the email address you're using, it's already set up on it. Just check the Mail app.

To set up an @icloud.com email address on your PC, look at this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph2621

Last edited:
OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll look up the site. I already have the cloud address on my pc and the ipad but they aren't talking. I am not sure of the settings for the mail though. It just won't verify. I have no idea where "Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud" is, I can only find settings.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am thinking the problem with my settings is because I am in a village and all our mail is controlled from a central setting. Can I use cloud but using a hotmail address?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am thinking the problem with my settings is because I am in a village and all our mail is controlled from a central setting. Can I use cloud but using a hotmail address?
You can use your Apple ID as iCloud account, this includes Hotmail.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I might be back though lol ... I am going away for 9 days soon, and will be taking the ipad with me, so I'll be making sure I know all I need to know!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. :)
The helpfulness and friendliness of the members of this forum is one of the reasons why I like it that much. So if you have a question, you'll certainly get an answer. There are quite a few members who like to share their knowledge about the iPad with others. :) Who knows? Maybe, if it's something I can answer, and I'm not too late, you'll see me again. :cool:

Last edited:
OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will work on it tomorrow and make sure everything is ok. I do have all my web addresses and contacts, so that is good.

Most reactions