What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

installing fw 3.2

mkrowkis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.

i got a good deal on an ipad from eBay and it had FW 3.2 so i decided to JB it. I ran into a problem and have tried installing FW 3.2 back on it but get an error message from iTunes. It seems that Apple wants me to put 3.2.1 on it. Is there any way to bypass this?

BTW, I did download iPad firmware 3.2 and pressed the left Shift button upon Restoring the iPad to choose FW 3.2. No luck, i get the error message mentioned above.

Apple may have gotten smarter the last time i JB one of their devices (March 2009 with a 3rd gen iPod Touch), LoL.

Jimboo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wut happened is that since ur shsh blob isn't backed up through cydia, it is not possible to reinstall 3.2

Nothing u can do, ur stuck with updating to 3.2.1

OP
M

mkrowkis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DOH!

So Apple has gotten smarter in preventing the JB scene, LoL. Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I'll be forced to update to 3.2.1 later today. I just hope a JB for it is released soon, heheeee.

OP
M

mkrowkis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a future reference. How would i go about backing up SHSH BLOB through Cydia? Thanks.

Most reactions