What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

installing 6.1.3 without 7

axkaan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi

i bought an ipad4th gen last january. the first thing i did update it to 6.1.2. than i made jb. i was so happy feeling free and limitless. then one day on the screen there was dust particle appeared and after giving it to service i took the new ipad. but ;

during this time apple as u knew change policy of signing old versions etc. i read the reviews that 7 is making lags on ipad4 th. but a stable version of ios is necessary too. so now i want to install 6.1.3 first then make the device jb after it. as far as i knew jb must done to the device with its installed exact version of ios which is matching.

if it is true how will i do these ? if no necessary just pick the version of jb with 6.1.3 i can do rest of it.

and i hope SHSH blops saving will come to an solution.

thanks

note: i read the forum pages and articles but i couldnt see my question answer or couldnt find. if then i m sorry. i really looked... ((

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No. You don't have to be jailbroken to restore to the same iOS. This is only true for pre-A5 devices. This explains why you can't install custom IPSW with or without blobs and/or APTickets, jailbroken or stock.

AFAIK, no. My iPad 2/iPad Mini runs iOS 7 without lag, let alone my iPad 4, which has better hardware than that of both the Mini and the iPad 2. Any and all iOS have bugs and are unstable in one way or another, just whether it's relevant to you as a user or not, and frankly, neither iOS 6.1+ nor iOS 7.0.4 are bugfree or more unstable than the other.

If you received a replacement iPad, then you'll have no blobs unless the previous owner of the refurbished device jailbroken the device. Even if the user had blobs, it wouldn't matter as they're not usable as outlined in the link above as of this moment. Possibly in the future, but highly unlikely.

Last edited:
OP
A

axkaan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you so much sir. :)

kind regards

Last edited:

Most reactions