What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installer for iOS 5.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The App Store is still the place you go to if you want to get apps. Cydia is still the place you go to to get tweaks.

Of course, since this is in the iPad Hacking section, I may have an idea of WHAT kind of "installer store" he's referring to...

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lets give him the benefit of the doubt, he may mean like Icy and rock.

http://www.appsafari.com/maps/825/installerapp/

If you are refering to these, they're old school, we're talking like ios 2,3. They are no longer available, cydia is the main place to go for jailbreak apps, and its been like this for a while!

Last edited:

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sketchie said:
Of course, since this is in the iPad Hacking section, I may have an idea of WHAT kind of "installer store" he's referring to..

I thought of that aswell... If that is what it is, this forum does not support that.
The App Store is really the only place to get legal apps.

OP
T

TylerThomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. Ok guys, I'm talking about the jailbreak package store called "Installer". It used to have its own repos and packages and whatnot and was different than the Cydia store. It wasn't a place to get xxxxxxxxxx, piracy repository name edited out as per the forum rules or cracked apps. It was just another store like Cydia you could use to get legal packages and the list of repos for it use to be longer than the ones for Cydia. A little while back, they made an updated version of the store for iOS 4, and it had a long list of legal repos. You can find that version of it in the ispazio repo. I was just wondering if they had made an updated version of the store for iOS 5 that had native display on the iPad. If you don't know what I'm talking about, that's fine, but don't assume I'm talking about something I'm not. This question is directed toward someone who knows what I'm talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. Ok guys, I'm talking about the jailbreak package store called "Installer". It used to have its own repos and packages and whatnot and was different than the Cydia store. It wasn't a place to get xxxxxxxxxx, piracy repository name edited out as per the forum rules or cracked apps. It was just another store like Cydia you could use to get legal packages and the list of repos for it use to be longer than the ones for Cydia. A little while back, they made an updated version of the store for iOS 4, and it had a long list of legal repos. You can find that version of it in the ispazio repo. I was just wondering if they had made an updated version of the store for iOS 5 that had native display on the iPad. If you don't know what I'm talking about, that's fine, but don't assume I'm talking about something I'm not. This question is directed toward someone who knows what I'm talking about.

I'm sorry, we misinterpret your question, well anyways I've researched on it. I've found out that "Installer" still only support firmware 4.X
On the other side, Icy is just like "Installer", I think Icy is an alternative for "Installer" and it supports the iOS 5.X

Sorry for the misinterpretation.

OP
T

TylerThomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AllenSalar said:
I'm sorry, we misinterpret your question, well anyways I've researched on it. I've found out that "Installer" still only support firmware 4.X
On the other side, Icy is just like "Installer", I think Icy is an alternative for "Installer" and it supports the iOS 5.X

Sorry for the misinterpretation.

That's ok.

Ok, that's basically the same conclusion I was coming to based on my own research. I just thought I would drop a line here and see if anyone knew anything I didn't about it.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The AppStore is the place to get apps. Cydia is the jailbreak place where you get tweaks and stuff. Installer is an ancient pre-Cydia app for iOS1 and 2 to get jailbreak stuff, it allowed you to get 3rd party apps for the first iPhone. xxxxxxxxxx, piracy repository name edited out as per the forum rules is an illegal piracy app, discussion of such and piracy is not allowed on this Forum. Just helping to clear things out. If you're already jailbroken, you should already have Cydia installed by default.

Sent from K48

OP
T

TylerThomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I should definitely be able to ask a simple question to a community that's supposed to know about what I'm talking about and get responses that aren't rude and that insinuate I'm trying to do something I'm not doing.

This thread is done, and can definitely be closed now.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TylerThomas said:
Yeah I should definitely be able to ask a simple question to a community that's supposed to know about what I'm talking about and get responses that aren't rude and that insinuate I'm trying to do something I'm not doing.

This thread is done, and can definitely be closed now.

This thread is now closed!

All posters in this thread should make themselves aware of this forum rule.....

15. Discussion of pirated or cracked applications and any methods associated with enabling their use, such as posting app or repository names, is forbidden on this forum. This also includes discussion of illegally obtaining media such as music, movies, games, books or other copyrighted content.

The relevant repository names have been edited out of the offending posts.

If in doubt, do not quote or repeat, you should report the post and forum staff will deal with it.

The Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts