What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed infiniboard - now, on iTunes, icons all jumbled

glen4cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's all really a strange thing. The icons on the screens in iTunes don't even begin to match what I actually have on the iPad.

It shows a full screen of icons on my first home screen, where the Apple App store is, and where I put the Cydia App store, and on the iPad there are only 2 rows, plus 1 icon.

This has me very confused. Now that I have Infiniboard on the iPad, how do I move my icons between screens to where I want them? I used to use iTunes.

2nd, I don't want my icons to actually take on this pattern when I sync next time! Is this going to happen? The only thing I can think of that may have caused this is Infiniboard.

Thanks!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not strange at all. As soon as you install any hack which changes how springboard manages its icons you break the ability to manage them in iTunes. There are no official apps which are allowed to change springboard in this way so it should be no surprise that iTunes gets confused.
I'm afraid you'll just have to manage them on the device by dragging them around as a tradeoff for the extra features you get with infiniboard et al...

Last edited:

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the tap and hold till they wiggle doesn't work, then try Gridlock by the same developer. It will allow you to place your apps anyway you want, you can even make designs out of your apps, like circles, squares, and all kinds of shapes. I use it on my iPad to put the apps at the top and sides of the screen so my wallpaper shows thru. They will however show up in iTunes as just a bunch of icons as iTunes doesn't understand Cydia apps. They will remain as you set them on your iPad with no problems.

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
ROFL

You install a Hack that allows more icons on the ipad then originaly allowed and you cant understand why the icons dont match in the same spots in itunes? Manybe because itunes isnt made to have an infinite number of icons per page.

haha, sometimes people just dont think about what they say.

Most reactions

Latest posts