What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Install Sky News

JHRolie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I install the Sky News app if I from a U.S. Apple Store account. When I try does not let me.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I am aware, the Sky News app is currently only available to UK customers, so you need an account with the UK iTunes Store to be able to download it, even though it's free.

I believe this is because of media copyright and advertising legal issues.

Tim

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you spend time in two different countries, can you have two different apple accts?

I bought my new ipad2 in Canada and opened up an apple store acct here. However, I also spend a great deal of time in the UK.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you spend time in two different countries, can you have two different apple accts?

I bought my new ipad2 in Canada and opened up an apple store acct here. However, I also spend a great deal of time in the UK.

Of course, you can have as many accounts as you want. When you move from one country to the other - or even if you're in the UK and want to access your Canadian account - you simply log out of your UK account and log in to your Canadian account.

The only downside is that, when you're logged in to your Canadian account, you won't receive app update information for apps you purchased on your UK account.

Tim

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim.

I just thought it would pick up on my Internet connection as being back in the UK, thus allowing me to DL UK apps. I didn't know I had to sign up another Apple acct.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim.

I just thought it would pick up on my Internet connection as being back in the UK, thus allowing me to DL UK apps. I didn't know I had to sign up another Apple acct.

Just to be clear, what I mean is that it is possible to have two accounts. You don't need to. iTunes doesn't check the IP address to see where you are, you can use your UK account in the UK or in Canada. I thought perhaps you wanted two accounts - there's certainly no need to have them if you're happy with your current UK account.

Tim

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, again thanks Tim for responding.

My issue is, I bought the iPad in Canada on March 25 th and opened an Apple acct in Canada at that time. I was assuming that once I return to Scotland my apple aact would pick up my location and allow me to DL apps that are for the UK.

It appears from your post that will not be possible and if I want UK specific apps I will now have to get a UK acct to use when I am in the UK. Is that correct?

If that in the case, how do I go about signing up a new acct with the same information but just a different location?

Most reactions