1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Install apps on ipad ..?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by 7assoun21, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7assoun21

7assoun21 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey excuse because im still a newbie with such things on installing apps on the ipad...now i used to install my apps from the appstore with a username and a password.anyway ive got a dvd that has ipad applications in it..obviously the are .ipa format. so i inserted the DVD, i went into itunes with my ipad connected...i transfered my purchases to avoid losing previously installed apps. I have also put the DVD apps in the library ( by double clicking on them, they are inserted by themselves ).. so when i was syncing my apps i chose what i want ..the thing is that the old ones are installed fine, but the ones from the DVD keeps giving me an error that failed installing the app.... could you please tell me what could this be for ? could it be something missing or could it be a fault from the DVD itself.. another thing is that is there another way for installing those apps from the DVD without losing existing ones ? =D
  2. Somerled

Somerled iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    From where are the apps on the DVD? I have not heard of apps being distributed via DVD.
  3. Redneck_Randy

Redneck_Randy iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    iFunbox will let you install .ipa's to an ipad.
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,906 / 1
    The only legitimate way to instal apps on your iPad is by going through the AppStore. Using any other method would be a form of piracy, and we don't talk about that here.
  5. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    As Scifan pointed out, obtaining Apps from anywhere but the App Store is piracy, and discussion of piracy is not permitted here.

With that, this thread is now closed!

The Archangel
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.