What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Install Apps - App store removed.

Phkc070408

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two iPads, a company issued one and my personal one. On my company issued one, there is software that is restricted to the company, and I can not get it for my personal, however the company removed the app store. This means I need to carry two iPads around, one for work and one for myself. Kind of annoying.

Is there a way to get my apps from my personal iPad over to my company one? Is there a beam function? I guess I would have to have the same iTunes account on both devices.

If I can't do that, can I sync my personal to my iTunes, copy the apps to my computer, and then sync my work iPad, selecting to install the apps? Would that work?

Thank's in advanced.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have two iPads, a company issued one and my personal one. On my company issued one, there is software that is restricted to the company, and I can not get it for my personal, however the company removed the app store. This means I need to carry two iPads around, one for work and one for myself. Kind of annoying.

Is there a way to get my apps from my personal iPad over to my company one? Is there a beam function? I guess I would have to have the same iTunes account on both devices.

If I can't do that, can I sync my personal to my iTunes, copy the apps to my computer, and then sync my work iPad, selecting to install the apps? Would that work?

Thank's in advanced.

I'm afraid that there's no way for you to transfer apps from your iPad to the company iPad. The two iPads are associated with different iTunes accounts and apps are not transferable between accounts.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whilst it is possible to run apps associated with several different accounts on one device, you need to have legitimate control of the device and the associated iTunes accounts.

What is not possible is to bypass the Enterprise profile restrictions your employer has put on your works device, and as I'm guessing they don't allow you access to the company iTunes account either, so you'll just have to put up with the inconvenience of two devices ;)

jgelety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's possible. But you'd need to sit down with your IT guy to do it. After explaining to him what you need and why he could unlock the restrictions. Then if the apps are normally free he could just download them on the company iTunes account. If they are paid or he doesn't want it downloaded from their account he could log off their account, log you in and then re-download the apps you need since you either already paid for it or are willing to pay for it. Then place the App Store restrictions back in place. Just depends on how friendly you are with the IT guy, the actual need of having those apps and the company policies affecting them. I doubt they'd go for something like candy crush but if the app is directly related to your job and needed I'm sure they'd accommodate you if able. Heck if you prove it's need most companies would probably pay for the app needed. I work for a hospital and most of the doctors have iPhones and/iPads given to them with the needed software on it paid for.

Most reactions

Latest posts