What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inspection Form w/Formulas

glillich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a small business and want to be able to use iPads to enter inspections using a form that has protected formulas. Have looked into creating editable .pdf's but don't think it is cost effective. Any suggestions?

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
I think it all depends what exactly you want to do...
Some time ago I downloaded an App called "Forms". You import your own Google Docs created Forms and can fill them out on the iPad even when offline. Once online you can upload the filled forms.
Do you need to have the calculated values while filling the inspections I guess it doesn't work out for you. However this is a good data collection tool.
You may want to look further into numbers, though I have no idea (yet) if it is possible to protect the formulas there...

OP
G

glillich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I can say is "thank you, thank you, thank you"! Worked like a charm.

OP
G

glillich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Used Google Docs. When you create a form it automatically creates a spreadsheet that accrues that data..again, Thank You!

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
glillich said:
Used Google Docs. When you create a form it automatically creates a spreadsheet that accrues that data..again, Thank You!

Very welcome you are!
Always glad if I can be of help!!!

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Most reactions

Latest posts