What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insert a link

Drofpets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to all,

Im having problems trying to insert a link to web pages etc, i can add the full web address, but my IPad wont let me insert a link, instead i have to insert whole web address, which looks pretty ugly. Ive tried with both safari and chrome without success. Any suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

OP
D

Drofpets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Chris,

After i sent the first thread i had a message that said cannot post, so i did another. Sorry

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I'm not sure as I use icab, but if the sites you use are like this one, look at the icon of a globe with a chain link on it, it will be in the top of the reply window, you can then highlight your address and call it what you like, see below

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-3-forum/99233-insert-link.html#post769984

click here

By typing "click here" before the last [/url] it hides your address behind the click here sign

click here[/URL

I've removed last "]" so as it shows you what to type, I've used this thread as the example

Last edited:
OP
D

Drofpets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my french site, we have a window like yours, and at the bottom of the window there are two notes, one says insert link, the says delete link, on my computer it works fine, but on my Ipad the two notes, insert link etc do not appear, so i cant get any further. Thanks for your time, will speak to our modérateurs to find a cure . Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On my french site, we have a window like yours, and at the bottom of the window there are two notes, one says insert link, the says delete link, on my computer it works fine, but on my Ipad the two notes, insert link etc do not appear, so i cant get any further. Thanks for your time, will speak to our modérateurs to find a cure . Thanks.

It depends on the text editor used by the site. Some sites use advanced WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editors. Not all of these work well with mobile browser, iOS included. Check your preferences for that site and see if you can change your default text editor.

It used to be that the WYSIWYG editor on this site did not work with the iPad. Now it seems to, most of the time. I still use the Standard editor by default, just because.

Point of Interest: On this site the A/A icon at the top left of the text entry window lets you quickly switch between the Standard and Advanced (WYSIWYG) editor.

Last edited:
OP
D

Drofpets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi twerppoet,

Thanks for your help, i cannot change text on the forum here, so i will have to wait and see if our modérateurs can resolve the problem. I can still use my computer if i need to.

Most reactions

Latest posts