What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insert a Hyperlink

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible when typing straight into iPad to insert a hyperlink? By this I mean not using notes or any other app, just typical g straight from iPad to this forum. Also, can you do it when using your email on the iPad?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - the iPad will interpret anything it thinks is a valid URL as a hyperlink - usually when followed by a carriage return. Try cutting and pasting a URL from the Safari menu bar after you've visited a website and see the format that is used.

for example

BBC - Homepage

Tim

OP
Grinchy

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim

It did work once I hit the send button, just didn't look like one whilst typing.
Thank you very much.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One way I use to check if I've got the link correct is to use the post preview function after I finish the message. The links do show up that way and then you can see if they are right.

Marilyn

jcarter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jberg said:
How do i insert a hyperlink on my i pad

AFAIK, you have to type in the full hyperlink. You can't highlight text and associate a hyperlink with it like you can on a Mac.

Most reactions

Latest posts