What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insaling previous operating system .

Micksup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if its possible to reinstall the previous operating system on the I Pad 2 .
Or at the very least ,installing the previous operating system on a few of the pre loaded apps ?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is only signing iOS 6 so unless you have been jailbroken previously then no, you can't go back.

As for the second question, you can't install an OS on an App. App's run on the OS, not the other way around.

The Archangel

OP
Micksup

Micksup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Apple is only signing iOS 6 so unless you have been jailbroken previously then no, you can't go back.

As for the second question, you can't install an OS on an App. App's run on the OS, not the other way around.

The Archangel

Thanks heaps .guess I have to wait for improvements .

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you look at the App Store page for the app that's giving you problems, there's usually a contact button or an app support button present. You could use this feature to contact the app developers about any problems that you experience when using their apps.
Here is a screenshot of one app page as an example.

image-426975554.jpg

Last edited:

ThaSatelliteGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I go back??

I was running 5.01 b4 the upgrade, and I was jailbroken... Can I go back to it? Cuz if I cant go back, I have to go buy a new device tomorrow morning. I need my device for work. It HAS to connect to my router with no internet access, and it HAS to let the browser browse where I point it, or it may as well be a $600 frisbee. I was such an android fanatic. I was SO against itunes, I didnt even have an itunes account until I upgraded to 6. Now I wish I had held to my guns, cuz the moment I sign up for itunes and let Apple into my life, they broke a stiff one off in my @$$...

ThaSatelliteGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. The more I stand here and stare at my now useless device, the more disappointed I get that I wasted this much money. On the flipside, I am getting more excited about which tablet I'm going to end up getting. Being able to have WinAmp back, being able to put a memory card in, being able to click on something on the internet and get a response OTHER than a big red "F", being able to use a GPS on it without a jailbreak, and OMG, did I mention no more big red F!!

Most reactions

Latest posts