What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

inPulse for iPad (Winterboard)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After a dearth of available themes, more and more are being released specifically for the iPad. This trend could seriously start to hurt my bank account!

Anyway. I was browsing through Cydia, looking for something specific I needed for a review I'm writing. And look what I found! This theme was just loaded today (9 July). Without further ado, inPulse for iPad ($1.89, USD):

The lockscreen:

Lockscreen.jpg

The homepage:

Homescreen.jpg

When compard to some of the other themes, this theme is very subtle. In fact, it looks very similar to the stock iPad. However, take a closer look at the icons. Aren't they beautemous? That is some serious detail! I've always like borders on the icons and these are some of the best I've seen. In addtion, the work done to have the mirroring on the dock is first class.

In the theme download are separate Winterboard settings to modify the iPod skin, the springboard, the lock screen, icon shadows and the dock. Just check the parts you want to theme. Several different wallpapers are also added to your iPad's Wallpaper area (though the wallpapers here are ones that I installed). There is also an SBSettings theme that can be applied through SBSettings.

TBH, I do not particularly care for the SBSettings theme. The white print is a bit hard to read and, overall, the whole effect is a little too … um … bright, I guess I'd say. Well here, take a look and judge for yourself:

ThemeSBSettings.jpg

I didn't keep that SBSettings theme long. I put on my Serious SBSettings theme, which I think looks better (and even blends in quite well with the overall look):

SeriousSBSetting.jpg

So there you have it. For $1.89, it's a nice, clean and [dare I say] sophisticated look. Who knows how long it'll be before I change it again (yes, changing the looks of my iPad is a hobby…). But, for now, I am very pleased.

Marilyn

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wonderful, Marilyn. Just wonderful.

From this moment on you and Leigh are forbidden to post any more threads about themes.

Off to get this. :D

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, I thought the same thing when I saw it, after a little search I found it in da_la_rocks wallpaper thread, I'm not sure how to post a link to it but easy enough to find

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Both wallpapers (and a bunch more!) can be found at this site: iPad Wallpapers

They are my favorite site for iPad wallpapers as they have them arranged in categories and they are regularly updated with new ones. I like them so much I've used Safari to save their site as a bookmark to my homescreen.

Marilyn

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you install this theme impulse for iPad, go to settings then wallpapers and there should be 4 wallpapers there that are included with the theme.

iLoveMyiPad2!

Fluidz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought this awesome theme! Only i cant get the lockscreen to work :(

Edit - Password lock was showing instead. Can see it now ive pressed the power button. :)

Last edited:

ssemmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you get 9 icons in the doc like the picture? I can only get the standard size 6

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ssemmel said:
How do you get 9 icons in the doc like the picture? I can only get the standard size 6

The theme doesn't do it.....there are a few tweaks that allow this...
Springmotize
Infinidock
Scrolling dock
Your choice...

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is still my favorite theme (in close competition with Blue iPad V2 for which one stays on the iPad the longest!).

Anyway.

Over the past few weeks, I've modified this theme because I wanted transparent folders and some other icons & buttons weren't themed.

In discussion with others about this theme, it was suggested I share my "extras" with you. So, I am!

Here are the icons for Transparent folders and the four [possible] buttons in the multitasking bar for mute on/off or rotation on/off (depending on your settings).

Download the PNGs here (make sure you keep the same names - and same uppercase/lowercase sequence!)

FolderIconBG~ipad.png:

inPulse-BlankBkgndIcon.png

RotationUnlockButton~ipad.png:

RotationUnlockButtoniPad.png

RotationLockButton~ipad.png:

RotationLockButtoniPad.png

MuteOnButton~ipad.png:

MuteOnButtonipad.png

MuteOffButton~ipad.png:

MuteOffButtonipad.png

Then, using the method of your choice, place all of them into this folder on your iPad: /var/stash/Themes.../inPulse for iPad (SpringBoard).theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard

Respring and you're done. And, I don't know why, but sometimes, you may need to reboot instead. Whichever works…

Hope you like 'em!

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn. Now my theme is complete!

Attachments

• image-2712057585.png
    image-2712057585.png
    268.6 KB · Views: 1,000

Most reactions