What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Infrared 3.5mm cable used on ipad?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all quick question, I have a 3.5mm infrared cable with a ten metre cable that I'm sure came with my windows pc a few years ago, I've just found it tried to plug it in the iPad but I'm not sure how to test it? I have downloaded two apps to try but it did not work for Samsung tv codes. I don't even know if the ir cable sends signals or receives? Just wondered if anyone else has tried it before I go down this route of trying to get it to work I can't find much support on google.
Thanks

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
don't think it will work.

simple way to find out if its sending anything is to use a camera or the camera on your phone/ipad.

You can't see it with your human eye, but the video camera's will see the infrared light shining out of it. I use this method at work to test if the projector remotes have dead batteries.

Most reactions