1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Info/Help Please

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Oldman06, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Oldman06

Oldman06 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been vacillating about getting an iPad for months. I have an iPod and I have a Kindle so really could not justify cost. My GPS broke the other day and now wondering if the iPad can be used as a GPS in your car? I have been trying to decide if I should be a new GPS or the iPad. Thanks
  2. hightimes

hightimes iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you're just looking for a replacement for your GPS I'd go with something dedicated (cheaper) or maybe an iPhone (easier to hold).
  3. j0yful

j0yful iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    If you buy an iPad with 3G, it has built in GPS.

And an iPad can be an iPod and an ebook reader. So, it's your iPod,kindle(there is a kindle app if you want that one too ) , GPS and more (for surfing the net, reading,sending e-mails, watching movie, playing game etc.). All bundled in one device.

It's your call. ;)
  4. Oldman06

Oldman06 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for taking time to reply.