What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Infinity blade crash

Ajooba1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not able to play Infinity Blade on my iPad 1 64 gb wifi that is non jail broken. It keeps crashing right at the title screen. Any suggestions?

Fakhry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What ios's update you use? In 4.3, I have same problem. And the way to fix it, i turn off my ipad before, then turn on again.. Infinity blade running good.. No crash..

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Prior when I reported crash I had 4.2.1 with redsnow rc9. Now with same iOS snowbreeze 2.5.1 it's working fine.

Wilf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you find a solution to this problem. I try to run Infinity Blade, and it crashes while opening. I deleted it and downloaded it again...same problem.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Infinity Blade is very demanding graphically.

Almost certainly it's an out of memory problem. The trouble lies in the fact that the base memory is shared with the graphics chip and the iPad1 has only 256mb whereas the the iPad2 has 512.

Your options are run an app like XsysInfo, or exit background apps by double tapping the home button and killing individual apps, and or rebooting the iPad before you run the game.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Infinity Blade is very demanding graphically.

Almost certainly it's an out of memory problem. The trouble lies in the fact that the base memory is shared with the graphics chip and the iPad1 has only 256mb whereas the the iPad2 has 512.

Your options are run an app like XsysInfo, or exit background apps by double tapping the home button and killing individual apps, and or rebooting the iPad before you run the game.

Hasty... I don't think that's the problem. I've run Infinity Blade on my iPad1 since the day it was released without a single crash (Level 45). And I know a lot of others who have done the same without mishap. It must be something else. Perhaps the two posters with problems should discuss what apps they have running in common (or loaded on their iPads) that might be causing the crash.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Theoretically background apps should release memory when it's required but I suspect it's the implementation thats the problem. Some may be tenacious :)

Had the Trainz app on my iPad1's and it would always crash on loading until I started clearing ram before I gave it to our three year old. When checking there was often only 7mb available whereas after using Xsysinfo it would climb back to c.130mb and the app would run fine.

OP
A

Ajooba1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ajooba1982 said:
I'm not able to play Infinity Blade on my iPad 1 64 gb wifi that is non jail broken. It keeps crashing right at the title screen. Any suggestions?

I'm sure its a problem with infinity lares coding

gwing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem

I'm having the same problem of Infinity Blade crashing at start up.

I tried to start playing the game today when I found out about the new version. I haven't played it in months (was level 43 so it did work), and had problems starting it today. I finally got it to start one time, played a battle and then it crashed. When the new version finished down loading on my Mac, I installed it into my iPad. Again, it's crashed every time on start up but once. The one time it started, I went to buy a helmet and it crashed.

I've restarted the iPad several times with all apps fully shut down.
I'm running OS 4.3.3 (8J8) on an original iPad.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know this sounds weird, but have you tried flipping the iPad round? I found that it crashed if I held my iPad as normal, but did not crash if I held it the other way around (rotated 180 degrees). I am assuming there was a problem in the software trying to rotate the screen. Give it a try, it worked for me, although I don't have the game loaded on my pad at the moment so can't test again...

gwing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this sounds weird, but have you tried flipping the iPad round? I found that it crashed if I held my iPad as normal, but did not crash if I held it the other way around (rotated 180 degrees). I am assuming there was a problem in the software trying to rotate the screen. Give it a try, it worked for me, although I don't have the game loaded on my pad at the moment so can't test again...

Tried it... it didn't help.

starwolf1336

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also was only able to run this game the day i installed it. But next time i tried to load it i get crashes before any battle.

Most reactions

Latest posts