Inexpensive wire stand..

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Wetstuff, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Wetstuff

Wetstuff iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I heard about these on one of the forums - maybe here 30 pages back?! But how can you miss for like 2-for-$5 on Amazon... They are made by Gibson Holders.

[​IMG]

I envy these Gibson guys. I have done a bit of wire forming to hold a GPS using the CD slot on my truck, but have never been able to get to this level of detail. They have been able to put a fiber washer between to give enough tension to hold it steady .. but loose enough to be able to adjust it. Hell, I would have thrown away 500 getting the rivet settings correct.

[​IMG]

I keep a wire stand at home and one at my shop. I'd probably only use the stand when using the Bluetooth keyboard. I may actually steal this new keyboard for one of me iMacs. One iMac has it but it is the old, clunky White BT keyboard .. the one I am on now is the recent, Aluminum USB.. but with the extended numbers pad. The only thing I have to do is put a bit of cardboard in the Caps Lock to keep from fat-fingering it every time I use the letter A. Cheers.

2. Gareth

Gareth iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    great idea

3. snormansell

snormansell iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very nice