What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Independance Day for our American members

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To all of our American members and visitors, have a great Independance Day tomorrow!
image.jpg

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Scifan.. & Johanna - NOW, what should Americans watch on July 4th - not much available, but my first two recommendations are:

Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942) w/ James Cagney, Joan Leslie, & Walter Huston - just obtained the blu-ray disc shown below a few months ago - a definite recommendation - SO, did not watch today, but if you have not seen this film, then a mistake in your life to correct - ;)

1776 (1972) w/ William Daniels, Howard Da Silva, and many others - based on the Broadway musical and a wonderful production - Susan wanted to watch this tonight, BUT just released on blu-ray which I ordered on Amazon and will arrive on Tuesday, SO will watch then - bottom line, two great films for this holiday! Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-07-04 at 10.57.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-04 at 10.57.46 PM.png

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Scifan.. & Johanna - NOW, what should Americans watch on July 4th - not much available, but my first two recommendations are:

Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942) w/ James Cagney, Joan Leslie, & Walter Huston - just obtained the blu-ray disc shown below a few months ago - a definite recommendation - SO, did not watch today, but if you have not seen this film, then a mistake in your life to correct - ;)

1776 (1972) w/ William Daniels, Howard Da Silva, and many others - based on the Broadway musical and a wonderful production - Susan wanted to watch this tonight, BUT just released on blu-ray which I ordered on Amazon and will arrive on Tuesday, SO will watch then - bottom line, two great films for this holiday! Dave :)

View attachment 65975 View attachment 65976
I haven't seen 1776, but I've owned several copies of Yankee Doodle Dandy over the years since it was first released on VHS in the 1980’s

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I haven't seen 1776, but I've owned several copies of Yankee Doodle Dandy (YDD) over the years since it was first released on VHS in the 1980’s

Same w/ me, i.e. went through the VHS and onto DVD, and finally when released late last year on BD - the blu-ray restoration is just phenomenal, both video and sound (the latter is one reason that I've been replacing a lot of my older 'musical' DVDs w/ BDs - another great example is Singin' in the Rain) - the AV ratings for YDD are 4.5/5.0 for both the audio & the visuals - a revelation for showing what blu-ray can accomplish when done right and well (Source). Dave :)

P.S. 1776 was rated 4.6 for visuals & 4.2 for audio (same link), so REALLY looking forward to watching that one which should arrive by Tuesday.
Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 12.54.44 PM.png

Most reactions