What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Increasing the volume?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know how to turn the volume up by using the controls on the side, but some things seem quieter than others even when the volume is all the way up. Is there any way to make it louder? Maybe there is something I am overlooking?

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont think that there is any sort of thing as of yet that you can use to make the volume louder. Unless you have the first gen iPad and its jailbroken I know theres something on there you can use. If you own the ipad 2 than I think they just have an issue the loudness of the speakers since its angled towards the back.

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I just read in IPF that there are further adjustments to the volume control accessible by going to the General Settings/iPod/settings and there are many other options available.
I don't know what they all do, but they wouldn't be there if they didn't do something.
Hope this helps.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on what you have that's changing volume. From what I gather, the iPod settings are supposed to work with iTunes to make all of the songs the same volume (should work when you sync) when played back from the iPod app. The same setting (sound check) in iTunes should also work on your actual iPod. I haven't figured out yet if this can affect apps.

Some gaming apps have their own volume control within their own settings.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GAMESHARQ said:
I know how to turn the volume up by using the controls on the side, but some things seem quieter than others even when the volume is all the way up. Is there any way to make it louder? Maybe there is something I am overlooking?

Some apps have separate volume controls, these tend to override the setting in Settings/General/Sounds. In Sounds/Ringer and Alerts the manual control Change with Buttons sets off a kind of AI algorithm in which the iPad evidently remembers different volumes for different apps but requires getting used to. Certain apps come across as having too low a volume to begin with and no amount of adjusting seems to get the correct volume.

Most reactions