What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Increase Storage on Jailbroken iPad 2

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do we have to use a certain class of SD card with this to make it work?

Any cheap SD card links for people who use this option?

As far as I am aware, all SD cards which are SDHD (up to 32GB) are reported to work. I haven't heard of any brand that doesn't.

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hack...d2-step-step-guide-camera-connection-kit.html

Using the method above, I have an external HD (500GB) hooked up to my iPad2 with USB. I'm using the camera connection kit and a y-usb cable to supply power to the drive as described in this thread. I'm running 5.01 jailbroken. I haven't tried it, but since you are supplying external power and not relying on the iPad's limited power output you should be able to use the SD adapter that comes with the camera connection kit with nearly any SD card. (probably all)

Only difference is that I use an external Lithium battery (from New Trent) as the HD power supply instead of the plug in charger. That gives me a completely portable solution. Using iFile I can copy between the iPad and the HD both ways and play movies directly from the HD using the iFile built in player.

Jeff

Last edited:

crashnburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hack...d2-step-step-guide-camera-connection-kit.html

Using the method above, I have an external HD (500GB) hooked up to my iPad2 with USB. I'm using the camera connection kit and a y-usb cable to supply power to the drive as described in this thread. I'm running 5.01 jailbroken. I haven't tried it, but since you are supplying external power and not relying on the iPad's limited power output you should be able to use the SD adapter that comes with the camera connection kit with nearly any SD card. (probably all)

Only difference is that I use an external Lithium battery (from New Trent) as the HD power supply instead of the plug in charger. That gives me a completely portable solution. Using iFile I can copy between the iPad and the HD both ways and play movies directly from the HD using the iFile built in player.

Jeff

Nice jeff - Thanks for the insight. I wonder if this works/ can work for the new iPad 3.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
crashnburn said:
Nice jeff - Thanks for the insight. I wonder if this works/ can work for the new iPad 3.

Not until there is a jailbreak for the iPad3, and we don't know when that will be... :)

Head over to our Hacking Section and read the stickies in there for more info.

Most reactions

Latest posts