What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

increase ram rate or cpu power

onurelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
are there any overclock for ipad because my ipad is getting very slow recently and this is an annoying situation could you pls help me about that

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you jailbreak the iPad, there are a few tweaks you can try to do, however I have not seen proof of it myself working.

I can put my jail broken 1st gen with a few 'tweaks' next to my wife's, and I can get a game such as SnowJinks (runs Unreal game engine) to open faster on the stock iPad.

My kids mostly play with mine now, as it really can't multitask well, so I am shopping for either a Mini or waiting for the 2nd version sometime later this year.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
are there any overclock for ipad because my ipad is getting very slow recently and this is an annoying situation could you pls help me about that

No, I am afraid there is no way to increase the RAM or CPU power/rate of the iPad. It's not user-customizable. The only way to get more is to buy a bigger, better, faster iPad generation.

There is a way, with a jail broken iPad, to make it appear as if it is running faster. You can install tweaks to make the GUI load faster, so it seems as if it is faster. This is what y2kgtp alludes to.

But, otherwise, no, you can't do any real changes to the iPad. Sorry.

Marilyn

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I am afraid there is no way to increase the RAM or CPU power/rate of the iPad. It's not user-customizable. The only way to get more is to buy a bigger, better, faster iPad generation.

There is a way, with a jail broken iPad, to make it appear as if it is running faster. You can install tweaks to make the GUI load faster, so it seems as if it is faster. This is what y2kgtp alludes to.

But, otherwise, no, you can't do any real changes to the iPad. Sorry.

Marilyn

There is a 'tweak' that suposively keeps the iPad from underclocking itself to save power. All it is is removing a line of code. However I have tried this a while back and did not notice much, especially when tested side by side with another stock iPad.

Best suggestions is to simply keep closing apps in the task manager and reboot it once in a while. It's just not going to be able to play the latest games, and eventually you will find apps that simply require iOS 6 and up to even install. It is 4 generations behind now.

Personally I think they are still find for younger kids games, and I am currently looking to get a Mini to replace my 1st gen. I want lighter and smaller.

Most reactions

Latest posts