What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incipio Destroyer case

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I am sick of seeing companies like this trying to rape us on price for something that is nothing more then a simple piece of plastic and lol..... Hypoallergenic silicone

Looks ok, but not worth it

jgreg65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I am sick of seeing companies like this trying to rape us on price for something that is nothing more then a simple piece of plastic and lol..... Hypoallergenic silicone

Looks ok, but not worth it

ditto

Habry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks cool to me. Very interested to hear what you think when you get it. Any chance you can post pix?

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like a beast of a case. I personally love incipio's cases, I have the Silicrylic on my ipad and ipod touch.....

espalha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the ultimate goal here is protection. For this reason i think Otterbox cases are better than Incipio's

OP
thehatguy

thehatguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.greatthreads.com
Received the case today. Goes on easily and in my opinion provides more than adequate protection. Can't speak for the Otterbox because I've never had any of their products.

The fit on this product is incredible. You'd think with so many pieces that you'd have gaps somewhere. None!

As you can see the charging cable fits. There is a cover to protect the opening once you remove the cable.

Access to the headset jack is adequate, but there isn't a cover when not in use.

The volume buttons are covered and work well. Same for the on/off button. The rotation switch is not covered.

Now for my beefs:

It is impossible to open the charging cover without prying it loose with something. Nothing to grasp onto once it is closed and sealed.:(

It is impossible, for me anyway, to get to the rotation switch with your finger. I had to use a jewelers' screwdriver to flip the switch.:(

The material they used for construction offers no grip whatsoever. Talk about slippery... what were you thinking???:(

Although it is well constructed, it is those little things that preclude me from keeping it. The weight isn't bad, I just wish it had better grip.:(

We're all searching for that perfect product for our iPads. Does it exist... probably not. This product provides adequate protection, but has too many quirks for me to live with.

Watch for a good deal on eBay.:D

John

destroyer1.jpg

destroyer2.jpg

destroyer3.jpg

destroyer4.jpg

Habry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks interesting. Thanks for posting big pix! I'm surprised the case has so many seams—looks like a lot of parts. It's too bad the outer material isn't grippy enough; the silicone jacket on my iPhone's Otterbox is good in that regard. What's your Ebay handle? PM if you don't want to make it public.

Most reactions

Latest posts