What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inaccurate Time

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did't think smart as* answers were welcome here. You help nobody and look like an arrogant j**k.

I feel ya, you'll see a lot of that....guess some just know every single thing about this unit out of the box and they we should as well

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's 1:08 my time and I'm on hold with Apple Support speaking with Raymond, a supervisor.

Raymond has no knowledge or history of any problem like this and has had me try a few things of which I previously had done but did again for him.

Shut off automatic and go to set time manually. Shut iPad off.

Here's a new one: Log on to a different wifi. He wanted me to go to McDonald's or somewhere with wifi and check the time on a different network.

Luckily I grabbed a neighbors available wifi (never did that before) and there was no change.

He offered to set up an appointment at the closest Apple store to have someone there take a look but it's a 50 minute round trip and I don't know that the 3 minute error is worth the trip. Perhaps on a day when I would be in the area anyway might work.

Total time on the phone was 58 minutes. I'm still 3 minutes fast on the iPad.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
A few of us, including myself, have suffered this issue.

It turned out to be an issue with syncing. Every time I synced with my pc the iPad picked up the pc clock time, which was about 5 mins fast.

All is now nice :)

Most reactions

Latest posts