What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In DFU mood itunes wnates to restore and update to new version of iOS

azizmitry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i try to restore iTunes ask me to restore and update the iOS , i don't want to do that as the new ios i cant jailbreak , how can i restore and keep my old iOS ot trick it into re installing my current version 4.3.3

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It would also help to know which device you have. You need to tell us if it is an iPad1 or 2, and 3G or wifi only...

It is really hard to help people without details!

srusli313

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi f4780y, I'm trying to do exactly the same thing. I have an iPad 1, currently at version 3.2.2. I've followed the guides to a tee, but I'm stuck near the beginning - where after I put the iPad in DFU mode, I held SHIFT and clicked RESTORE - but it won't find my blob file! I checked my directory - and the shsh files are there! When I forced the file by typing the name directly - it said that it's not compatible! HELP! My iTunes is at version 10.5 (the latest). Is this the reason why it won't pick the file? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi f4780y, I'm trying to do exactly the same thing. I have an iPad 1, currently at version 3.2.2. I've followed the guides to a tee, but I'm stuck near the beginning - where after I put the iPad in DFU mode, I held SHIFT and clicked RESTORE - but it won't find my blob file! I checked my directory - and the shsh files are there! When I forced the file by typing the name directly - it said that it's not compatible! HELP! My iTunes is at version 10.5 (the latest). Is this the reason why it won't pick the file? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

iTunes wants to install a new software. You have to select the software you are trying to restore to. (ends in .ipsw)

Most reactions