What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In big trouble with my iPad

damefrombrum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so i set my passcode before i went out and must have got it wrong as when i tried to open it, i couldnt. It's now got to the point where it's saying 'ipad is disabled, please connect to itunes' and i cant even attempt the passcode. Now i must say that i really cant live without all the data on my iPad. The documents mainly, photos, bookmarks, books that i've bought, songs on apps, literally days been put into doing all of this stuff and i cant bare the thought of restoring my device and losing all my data. So i was wondering if there was anyyyhting i could do to access my iPad again having not lost any data? Someone recommended using iCloud on a seperate laptop but the problem is that i deleted the email account that is my Apple ID months aGO and so i cant sign in using that. Is there a way i can sort that out? Any help anyone can give me will be sooooo appreciated.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to tell you that without being able to restore your iPad from a backup that predates the password you added to your iPad, you will, unfortunately, not be able to recover the data and content on your iPad.

You will have to set up a new Apple ID and iTunes account and restore the iPad through iTunes.
Since you no longer have access to your old iTunes account, you will not have access to any content purchased under your old Apple ID.

This may help in restoring your iPad. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212

Last edited:

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh no! That is a huge bummer! Just ad the saw issue on my son s iPod. He changed the passcode and forgot it about 5 minutes later....

Most reactions

Latest posts