What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

in App Store, I have a symbol; square inside a circle. App has not downloaded

hollis3636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Mini-2, with 64 Gig. I have IOs 8.3
I am trying to install Amazon music. When I went to App Store, the icon for this App, had 'get' by it. I clicked on it, it changed to a circle with a solid square inside it. in the northeast quarter, the line of the circle is thicker. In past, I remember the thick part was moving around the circle. I think this was showing that it was downloading.
But now on this app, the symbol does not move. I have tried searching for the app again. I get message that I have bought app already. I then get a 'window' with some info about the App. It shows the same symbol,
There is no way which I can find, to get the app to download. Any ideas.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting your iPad? Simultaneously press and hold the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart. This may help to get rid of the frozen app download. You could then try again to download it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts