What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imsg issue

vytas524

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of the sudden, I cannot imsg a contact from my Verizon iPad, but can from my AT&T iPhone. And this issue is fo only one contact, all the others work from either. Contacts are all I clouded, I deleted contact and re entered it, still same problem??

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is the contact a phone number?

If the contact's device is no longer working with Messages, for whatever reason, the iPad won't be able to connect to it. The iPhone however can revert to SMS to send messages to phones. This is the most probable cause for the iPhone working and the iPad not. My best guess at the moment, anyway.

OP
vytas524

vytas524

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contact using email or phone number, both get the red tab saying not registered, and again only for this one contact, and was working before. I am totally stumped.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
vytas524 said:
Contact using email or phone number, both get the red tab saying not registered, and again only for this one contact, and was working before. I am totally stumped.

Are you aware if the person has moved away from an iOS device to something else? The would definitely be a reason as Twerppoet has said. The iPhone can still send a message via text whereas the iPad does not have that function.

OP
vytas524

vytas524

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No she has the same iPhone and is that worked last week with both my devices???i just don't get it

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A not registered response will be on the other end; something they did. As DHewson said, it could be a change of phones, or it could be they turned off iMessages on their iPhone and/or other iOS devices, or maybe they lost registration during the iOS 6 update. Anyway, it will be something they have to correct on their end, if possible.

OP
vytas524

vytas524

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got my hands on their phone, and it seems one of the kids turned off imessage. I fixed that, and now all works like it should. Thanx for the help

Most reactions

Latest posts