What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Improved CPU a noticeable improvment?

RecRedit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ipad64.com
Hi all, I'm debating on whether or not to upgrade from Ipad 1 to 2. I'm not not sure how much use I would get out of the front facing camera, so I'm wondering if the improved CPU is really making a noticeable difference. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

:D Thanks for your help.

fribourg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an incredible improvement in every way the new iPad works compared to the first version. The best way I can tell this is by playing different games, which are big resource consumers for sure, on both iPad 1 and 2 at the me time. Graphics and everything has improved,is is a fact.

refrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the 1st version, and ive tried the 2nd version. it depends on your purpose. If your more incline to heavy 3d gaming, the ipad2 shines, along with its better bigger memory module, dual core. And since i rarely do gaming but more for single app recording, the ipad1 suffice for me (for now)

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm debating on whether or not to upgrade from Ipad 1 to 2. I'm not not sure how much use I would get out of the front facing camera, so I'm wondering if the improved CPU is really making a noticeable difference. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

:D Thanks for your help.

It does make a noticeable difference. The real question is wether the incremental improvement is worth it or not.That is more likely to be a personal decision based on disposable income.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed a huge difference when I traded up. Programs like GarageBand ran on my iPad 1, but using all 8 audio tracks was way too frustrating. The app had to constantly pause to "optimize" tracks which made mixing too time consuming and a pain. The iPad 2 sails right through and never has to pause, everything is real-time.

Many new programs like RealRacer2 are designed for the new iPad and will only run on the original model in a more feature-limited and simplified way.

If you only surf the web or use email you won't see a significant difference.

Hup55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The upgrade for the cameras are not worth it. Apple in my opinion dropped the ball. The cameras are pretty much useless. The new dual core processor and graphics card is a big improvement over the first generation.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I upgraded for the camera on the back which turns out tobe pretty poor resolution. I don't game and don't notice a big difference in browsing, Facebook, or gmail.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In apps like Amplitube, GarageBand and in games such as Dead Space the difference is huge. I guess it depends on what you use your Ipad for. But I would recommend the new one! Remember you also get Facetime and the cameras too:)

Jeff

BangBangAnnie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad 2, but don't see much difference compared to the original. And you can pick up a new iPad for almost half the retail cost of the 2 now.

Most reactions

Latest posts