What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Impressed....

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Woo... This thing is slippery without any cover or case! So light!

Yeh, I'm fighting the slippery versus lightness with no case issue also. Tough choice! I did get the Smart Cover today.

Sent from my iPad Air using iPF

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also have no case yet. I ordered one, but it won't be here until next week. In the meantime, I'm trying my best to keep the Air from slithering out of my hands.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the lighter weight and 128GB, but I find my Air crashing more new than any other iPad I've owned, even though I'm using it exactly as I did my other iPads. The iPad line needs more RAM to keep up with the demands of increasingly taxing firmware and apps.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the lighter weight and 128GB, but I find my Air crashing more new than any other iPad I've owned, even though I'm using it exactly as I did my other iPads. The iPad line needs more RAM to keep up with the demands of increasingly taxing firmware and apps.

This seems to be affecting enough users that apple will have to deal with it. I'm not sold that it's RAM though only because safari and browsing always seem to come up In the discussion. Also, I still find it odd that no one is complaining about any games crashing or other memory intensive apps. Mainly safari. That's odd seeing as a browser shouldn't be a memory hog at all. Weird.....

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have ipad air no crashing in Safari but I get crashing in ebay and real racing.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lately I have been testing for crashes by loading up as much I as I can and switching among the various apps. For example, I'll open 20 Safari tabs, load up mail, facebook, youtube, Beach Buggy, Skydrive, Goodreader (and open up a ton of PDFs), Kindle, Google+, iBooks, etc. I also have an app that shows you how memory is used. Fact is, I don't crashes by doing this stuff. It seems everything I get a crash it is either from an app going bonky or I land on a buggy webpage. This leads me to believe that the problem might be limited to apps, and Safari would be one of them on the list. I'm less confident that it is simply an iOS 7 problem, but more about how apps run on iOS7. Could be that developers don't have a lot of experience with it yet and need to revise their code to work better under iOS7.

Testing will continue, but the more I test the more I find that my Mini 2 runs well.

witbops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad Air 32G Cellular Space Grey with a Black Smart Case for a week. I love the Design and the weight.

witbops

iPF Noob
Reaction score

May be from OS7.

Most reactions

Latest posts