What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Impressed....

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my air yesterday and christ I am really really really impressed with the weight and bezel changes.....
One day in and I have to say I am in love.
Hope everyone else loves this pad as much as me.

Clemdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to agree. It is all they said it would be. Faster, lighter and noticeably smaller in your hands.

I've noticed that the "glass" has a feeling more like a light weight plastic... Is it just me?

karpcb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do u guys bought ipad smart case or cover as well? I am not big fan of apply Smart Cover or case because the viewing angle is not stable. Any suggestion?

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the Apple Smart Cover just until Zagg releases their Zaggkeys Cover. I had that for my mini and loved it!

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my "Air" over my first generation iPad. Pardon the PC reference but it's like a celeron to a quad core. I got a smart cover clone off of amazon( 2.00) and this week, i'm getting a portfolio cover like my spouse has for his iPad 4- it ranges from 10-15( depending on a print vs solid color)- It is more protective than this smart cover- padded leather with a nice brushed cloth interior and it is just like a portfolio , that rotates for both landscapes- I tried to order one to have for when i got my iPad but ones specifically for the air just became available- took only 3 days to ship the last one

Pwilkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those rotating, padded covers are available now on ebay. I like those also. Feels like the screen is protected more than with the Smart cover.

Rickee67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love mine super light (compared to gen4) and the best part is I can't get it to heat up like my gen3 and 4 pads always did when gaming.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Love mine. I've gone from One to Three to Air and its truly amazing what has happened technologically in that time. i bought my one the second week it came out and no one at that time really had any idea of what would occur with apps, technology, usage. Its redefined how I use a computer. I had a custom PC built last winter, primarily for photo processing, so its loaded but I will readily admit I use my ipad far far more than my PC. With this generation the speed, the 128 GB storage, the weight and size and even more refined apps I feel I will use it for a good while without needing to upgrade. Its the ipad i've been waiting for since I could see that it wasn't just for consumption.

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got my Air today. Bought on the 2nd, arrived on the 6th...this is by far the shortest wait time I've ever had for something bought online, especially bearing in mind I'm in Canada. In fact, I've waited far longer for items WITHIN Canada! I have to give kudos to Apple for getting their product out there quickly and easily.

Believe it or not, when I checked my tracking email and saw "out for delivery", I got a severe case of the fidgets! I couldn't sit still for several hours after that until it came, and I was looking out the windows and doors non-stop for the delivery truck. Although I haven't used it excessively yet, I agree with comments above about the light weight and easy handling. It's super-thin and easy to hold, and the display is crisp and clear. I look forward to putting the Air through its paces over the next few days.

mesue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
geekintheforest.com
I got my Air today. Bought on the 2nd, arrived on the 6th...this is by far the shortest wait time I've ever had for something bought online, especially bearing in mind I'm in Canada. In fact, I've waited far longer for items WITHIN Canada! I have to give kudos to Apple for getting their product out there quickly and easily.

Believe it or not, when I checked my tracking email and saw "out for delivery", I got a severe case of the fidgets! I couldn't sit still for several hours after that until it came, and I was looking out the windows and doors non-stop for the delivery truck. Although I haven't used it excessively yet, I agree with comments above about the light weight and easy handling. It's super-thin and easy to hold, and the display is crisp and clear. I look forward to putting the Air through its paces over the next few days.

I ordered from Staples Monday night at 11PM and it is out for delivery today (Wednesday). Should be here any time now! Pretty unbelievable turnaround… kudos to Staples.

Yes, I have the fidgets, too!

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered from Staples Monday night at 11PM and it is out for delivery today (Wednesday). Should be here any time now! Pretty unbelievable turnaround… kudos to Staples. Yes, I have the fidgets, too!
I didn't want to spend the day watching for the truck this time so I picked one up at the Apple store on Monday. Besides, FedX delivered my ipad2 to my neighbor! Ugh!

Sent from my iPad Air using iPF

wrathchild

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just walked into walmart on the day of release and at 8:01 am I was walking out with my brand new 32GB black air. No waiting. After two days with it I loved it so much I ended up spending the money and ordered the black leather smart case from apple's website. Got it today and it looks awesome on the air. Very nice quality unlike their last version.

Most reactions