What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing gmail contacts

montrose65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just purchased an ipad 3 and I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to import google mail contacts using the Exchange system. I fill in the data required, put in password (for google account?), and, after it tries to contact google, I get an invalid password message.

I have also tried to remove FaceTime from the home page and move some downloaded apps to this page, also unsuccessfully. I'm now beginning to get a complex about this. Please someone out there, help.

LaneLester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I succeeded in getting my Gmail contacts into my iPad. Of course, I only did it once and don't remember the steps. I do remember I had trouble, but with enough searching I got it done.

Lane

LaneLester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
montrose65 said:
I have just purchased an ipad 3 and I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to import google mail contacts using the Exchange system. I fill in the data required, put in password (for google account?), and, after it tries to contact google, I get an invalid password message.

I have also tried to remove FaceTime from the home page and move some downloaded apps to this page, also unsuccessfully. I'm now beginning to get a complex about this. Please someone out there, help.

I'm not impressed by this forum app when it comes to replying.

The way you need to deal with icons that Apple knows you should have displayed is to have a "trash" screen you drag them to. I have Facetime, Mail, Messages, and Newstand on my trash screen.

Lane

ninja42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPad 3 it was settings -> mail, contacts, calendars -> add account -> gmail set the account up and check contacts button.

senior ipad user

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just spent 24 hours on the same thing.

settings> mail, contacts, calendars > add account > Exchange and enter your gmail account details. Now, at first I used [email protected] and this went through OK but then produced the invalid password flag. I then tried [email protected] and, hey presto, it worked!! After you enter your gmail account details, you then get a screen with a box for 'Server'. Enter m.google.com in this and you can then make sure the 'contacts' button it checked. I hope this helps.

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I was using gmail, I just used the app "Contacts Sync for Google Gmail" and it took care of everything for me.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts