Importing flac files

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by pcs, Jul 4, 2012.

1. pcs

pcs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all, new member here. Couldn't find this topic in a search: Can anyone tell me a simple way to import flac files to my iPad? I have installed capriccio, which supposedly will play them. I have also tried downloading them from Dropbox, but I get the message that none of my apps can support the format. If it makes a difference, I'm working from a PC.
    Any advice greatly appreciated!

2. Walt Cullop

Walt Cullop iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
  3. pcs

pcs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your suggestions, everyone. I was not aware of the filesharing option on iTunes (I'm totally new to mac products, and have always avoided iTunes as much as possible in the past - still figuring all this out. And, to be honest, I find Apple's various help sites really counterintuitive - I seem to dig forever before I find the answers I'm looking for). Now my problem is finding a decent flac-playing app that will allow me to create playlists with a number of different file formats in it. I teach music at a university, so I'm constantly bringing in recordings to my classes - but I've got them in a number of different formats, and it's just an extra step if I have to convert everything to one format before every lecture, rather than simply having my recordings all handy in one place and being able to draw from them when I need them. Can do that with the external hard drive I have now in conjunction with the computer in the classroom, but it would be so much smoother if I could do it all from my iPad. Any suggestions?

4. pcs

pcs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Should add that I have FLAC player and capriccio now. I find capriccio is very difficult to make decent playlists with, and flac player doesn't seem to allow for the use of flac files and mp3 files on the same playlist - but maybe I'm missing something.