1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Importing flac files

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by pcs, Jul 4, 2012.

1. pcs

pcs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all, new member here. Couldn't find this topic in a search: Can anyone tell me a simple way to import flac files to my iPad? I have installed capriccio, which supposedly will play them. I have also tried downloading them from Dropbox, but I get the message that none of my apps can support the format. If it makes a difference, I'm working from a PC.
    Any advice greatly appreciated!
  2. Walt Cullop

Walt Cullop iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
  3. pcs

pcs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your suggestions, everyone. I was not aware of the filesharing option on iTunes (I'm totally new to mac products, and have always avoided iTunes as much as possible in the past - still figuring all this out. And, to be honest, I find Apple's various help sites really counterintuitive - I seem to dig forever before I find the answers I'm looking for). Now my problem is finding a decent flac-playing app that will allow me to create playlists with a number of different file formats in it. I teach music at a university, so I'm constantly bringing in recordings to my classes - but I've got them in a number of different formats, and it's just an extra step if I have to convert everything to one format before every lecture, rather than simply having my recordings all handy in one place and being able to draw from them when I need them. Can do that with the external hard drive I have now in conjunction with the computer in the classroom, but it would be so much smoother if I could do it all from my iPad. Any suggestions?
  4. pcs

pcs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Should add that I have FLAC player and capriccio now. I find capriccio is very difficult to make decent playlists with, and flac player doesn't seem to allow for the use of flac files and mp3 files on the same playlist - but maybe I'm missing something.