What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing contacts to PC from Ipad.

sifi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to import contacts from my Ipad2 to my PC. I've set up a a m.google.com account, I've unlocked my google account with CAPTCHA but when I try to sync I get a " password incorrect" although I've only just set it up. Any ideas?
Sifi

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, you've set up a Google account. Can you access it via Safari and see your email and contacts (empty though it may be)? Sign in and out on the web site, just to make certain you have the password down cold.

Now go to the iPad and set up a GMail account as an Exchange account.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help

Make sure you choose to Merge the contacts (don't fall for any delete buttons in the popups).

Once you've done that go to the Contacts app and open it. This will start the actual sync.

After the sync go back to the website, on your PC, and go to Contacts to make sure they are there. Tick the top check box on the left to select all apps, go to the More menu and choose Export. vCard is the better option.

You can import the resulting file into most Contact data bases. Though if the app you want to use supports syncing with Google Contacts, just do that instead. That way your iPad and PC contacts will stay in sync, instead of just being copies.

Most reactions

Latest posts