importing contacts and email signature questions

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by jojoba, Dec 8, 2011.

1. jojoba

jojoba
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Two questions:

- How do I import my gmail contacts to my email app (the standard one on the iPad) and to the standard contacts app?

- Is there a way that the standard email app will allow for including signatures with one email account and not the other? I want to add my work signature to the correspondence going from my work email, but not from my gmail account...

...thanks in advance!

2. DefBref

DefBref
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Set your gmail account up as an exchange account on the ipad to sync your contacts. Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help

The email app use the contacts app they are not separated, in fact the contacts app can be used by lots of apps for various things (lookup address in GPS apps fro example).

I don't think you can have multiple signatures on the ipad.

3. jojoba

jojoba
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, DefBref. I followed the recipe in the link, but I now have only some of my inbox synced. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :confused: For some reason, only some of the inbox loaded (messages from today and yesterday). But all my contacts now appear when I start new emails, which is great :)

4. DefBref

DefBref
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Goto Settings - Mail, Contacts and Calendars, select your gmail account - mail days to sync, to get more/all messages synced from the past.

5. jojoba

jojoba
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Great, now it worked. Thanks a million :)

6. dilorenzoc

dilorenzoc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have a mobile me account and have been able to keep my Idevice contacts and Yahoo mail account contacts in sync using an app that is installed in the Windows XP control panel. This comparable iCloud app will not be available to Windows XP users. I guess Apple is convinced that millions of XP users will dump their operating system for this feature. As a result I have not moved from mobile me at this time. Has anyone figured another way to sync Idevice contacts with Yahoo contacts when using iCloud?

Sent from my iPad using iPF