What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing cell issues

Xtianity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I import some files into 'Numbers', the cell heights are halfed and I have to manually adjust each cell individually, some files having 100's of cells. Is there a way to adjust multiple cell's heights or widths or values at once? There aren't any extra options to help with cell formatting.

Thanks in advance.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I entirely agree this is an iWorks issue, I've moved your post to the Help section with a permanent redirect in iWorks (so it's effectively in both places), because I think you might receive better attention there.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This might help.

Tap the bar to the left of the table to select a row. Now drag the handles in the middle to select all the rows you want to change. Tap the blue section of the bar again and choose Fit from the popup menu.

This option only appears (in my limited testing) if there is a row selected that is under or over sized.

Farnorth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been wrestling with the same issue.
Twrpoet, thanks for your advice. Worked for me. There is usually one row that doesnt completely change its height but saved me a lot of time for the majority of the spreadsheet.

Most reactions