What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imported ipad activation

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I buy the ipad 2 in the us, do I have to activate it there or can I activate it the uk. I know that you have to activate a 3g in America, but what about a wifi only?
Cheers
Josh

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

OP
D

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I think about it, its a stupid question, sorry lol

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You only activate if you using AT&T. The 3G iPad needs no special activation to use a carrier outside the US

And of course the wifi only model does not ever need activating anywhere...

-t

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's a reasonable concern. In some countries the voltage is 220, where others is 110/120. In some countries you have to have a TV and/or DVD player that operates in NTSC, while others run PAL. It would make sense for many to question a possible difference in Wi-Fi signal. That was definately not a stupid question.

Alifaruq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only if you have the US carrier in UK, I think it might work for 3G. But wifi will work anywhere you want, you just need a wireless connection.

Swecodelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's a reasonable concern. In some countries the voltage is 220, where others is 110/120. In some countries you have to have a TV and/or DVD player that operates in NTSC, while others run PAL. It would make sense for many to question a possible difference in Wi-Fi signal. That was definately not a stupid question.

Indeed, I would have had the same concern in the past.

Luckily enough, the Internet and WiFi connections are a lot more universal than TV systems and voltage of house electricity :)

Aren't we, iPad users, lucky people? ;)

OP
D

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regarding the voltage,
The batteries wouldn't change would they. Surely they would just use a different plug

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regarding the voltage,
The batteries wouldn't change would they. Surely they would just use a different plug

The charger for the iPad is universal - it will work off all AC outlets anywhere in the world. You only need the physical adaptor to enable the charger to be phyiscally connected to the power outlet.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts