1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iMovie: Using photos with audio track from video

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Greek2Me, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Greek2Me

Greek2Me iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First post for me.

This seems like it should be simple but I've yet to figure it out. I think this is the right forum. I have a video recorded from my digital camera and imported successfully into iMovie. I was hoping to have the audio persist through the movie but transition between the video and various photos. I tried splitting the video and inserting photos but then the audio track is split so no audio during the photos. Am I missing something obvious? I appreciate any advice. I have iMovie on my iMac as well but am travelling overseas and hoping to edit on the plane home.
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,019 / 1
    You would have to be able to split the audio track from the movie clip. There is no way to do this in the iOS version of iMovie.

The best you can do is turn the audio track off, and lay down a new one, either by importing it to iTunes (on the computer), syncing, and then adding it in iMovie; or by recording it directly in iMovie.
  3. Menneisyys

Menneisyys iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Use Avid Studio, it's able to split / reuse audio tracks from video.

This question is discussed at https://discussions.apple.com/message/18667587?ac_cid=tw123456#18667587 , where you'll also find two workflow videos shot by me, showing splitting audio and video. (If linking to the Apple support forums is prohibited, I'll copy the entire discussion here.)
    • Like Like x 1