What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMovie to Email

bsedgley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a very new Apple user. I want to email a movie trailer I made in iMovie to my Mother-in-Law. It says the video is too long. Does anyone know how to do this?
Brenda

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How many MBs is it? Video Email for the iPad can send a video file up to 15 MB. I don't use it often but I just retested and it works just fine with a 2.6MB .mov file.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You might want to give up on the idea of using e-mail to send the video directly. What I suggest is that you upload the video to an online cloud storage. A lot of people here like Dropbox - and the first two GBs of storage are free.

Anyway - once you get the video to online storage, then you can send a link to it in an email. That way, your recipient can download it at her convenience.

that's one way I know to get around the e-mail size restrictions.

Marilyn

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would have suggested Dropbox but it repeatedly crashed a couple of days ago as a result of a PDF of a book I scanned (100MB).

I'd never used Dropbox for such large file before and it just didn't work in spite of all the Dropbox storage I made available (several GBs). I ended up having to split the file in four sections when splitting it into two files also didn't work.

Most reactions

Latest posts