What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imovie on ipad 1st gen

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Imovies is only recognizing 1 movie and that's in my Saved photos folder. And that's the one I made earlier using ReelDirector..lmfao..figures. All my movie clips are in my imported folder but imovies ain't seeing any of them! Any insight into this? Because ReelDirector recognizes all my movies. The location service IS on for Imovies. It sees all my photos fine but not my movies. Ahhhhh..lol

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure why not recognizing them...it sees all of mine...and they are in different folders. All the clips are in .mp4 format.

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is all the writing distorted like mine?? It's like it's scaled for iPad...

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure why not recognizing them...it sees all of mine...and they are in different folders. All the clips are in .mp4 format.

Hmmmm..that's weird..ReelDirector works fine n see a all vids. If i open a movie in real director, then render it, then save to camera roll, it goes into saved folder. I did a one of my vids like this w/o fx n reelDir. And Imovies could see it. I wonder if its a formatting issue then of my vids. But I thought all vids on iPad have to be that format in order to be watched or imported. Meaning my vids are already in that format. I just don't get why ReelDirector would see them and imovies doesn't. I'll keep wrking on it or just have to use a combo of the two till it gets figured out.

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Looks fine to me....no jaggies if thats what you're asking.

Have a look at the help menu, doesn't it look a lil crappy??

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Looks fine to me....no jaggies if thats what you're asking.

Have a look at the help menu, doesn't it look a lil crappy??

Yeah....I see what your saying....now I see jaggies. Thought you were talkin' about the text when adding to clips.

Reeldirector definately has more & better transitions compared to 2 in imovie.

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked, thru Ifiles, and all my movies in imported folder ARE MP4 format. It's just that imovies doesnt recognize them. Only recognizes movies in saved folder or if I run the movie thru Reeldirector and render it, then save it. That's alot of extra wrk for nuthin when ReelDirector sees all my movies with no issues. Smh

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I checked, thru Ifiles, and all my movies in imported folder ARE MP4 format. It's just that imovies doesnt recognize them. Only recognizes movies in saved folder or if I run the movie thru Reeldirector and render it, then save it. That's alot of extra wrk for nuthin when ReelDirector sees all my movies with no issues. Smh

So if you moved all your movies to the saved folder then imovie will recognize them all?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So if you moved all your movies to the saved folder then imovie will recognize them all?

Actually NO, because I tried a test vid, and moved it to the saved folder and didn't quite work. It popped up on imovies but was blank and had an exclamation mark on it. It does nuthin if I click on it. But if I run it thru ReelDirector n render thn save, imovies will see it then. I just don't get it. I chcked n all my vids are mp4.
Do u remember the name of the source of ur version of imovies? I already know where to get it, but the name of the person that is described as uploading the file? U know each one there has different names or whatever of who uploaded it.

Most reactions

Latest posts