What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imessages

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
grabbit97 said:
Your instructions are to reset her phone to factory, I don't tink she wants to do that. I told her to contact the AT&T store where she bought it from.

No they are not. This reset will not change anything on her iPad, it is much like rebooting a computer. There is nothing to worry about taking this step and in actual fact will clear many problems.

Cecilia_99_00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMessage works brilliantly for me on my iPad 2 - most of the time. However approximately once a week it stops working. The progress bar stops when it's almost at the end and the message fails to be delivered. This will always happen if I reboot my iPad for any reason, but other times I haven't a clue why.

I can fix it myself by driving to the library (or visiting a friend who has wifi), and logging into their network. iMessage immediately begins working again, and I trot happily home, where it now works normally - until the next time.

Can anyone offer a clue to explain this strange behavior?

Cecilia at the Duckpond

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would suspect your router. Maybe it's time to give it a reboot.

It doesn't sound as though your iPad is the problem if it works OK on other networks.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Cecilia_99_00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All our computers and the router are switched off at night and back on in the morning. Two others in my family found they had the same problem, and to my surprise, they also found that logging into another network kick-started it working again. It's such a peculiar solution, and not one that I've come across in any of the iMessage Troubleshooting advice from Apple.

Cecilia at the Duckpond

Most reactions

Latest posts