What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.
I am unable to get my ipad2 with ios5 to send imessages. I'm registered in the setup,general,message section and message is turn on.
When I try to send a message, the send button is shaded out and I can't send it. The recipient has an iPad with ios5 too.
Anybody help?
Thanks Joe
As you mentioned, both devices have to have iOS 5 installed for iMessage to work. iMessage (and iCloud) have to be enabled, set up properly and paired with each user's Apple ID as well. To send and receive iMessages, your device must have a valid cellular or Wi-Fi data connection. Once that happens the send name will turn green.

If it wasn't set up properly on the other person's device you'd get an error message in the "Send" line. So if your device's send button is grayed out it sounds like everything may not be set up properly on your device.

Hope that helps and others may chime in as well.

More here:

iOS: About Messages

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

Apple - iOS 5 - See new features included in iOS 5.

Apple - iCloud - Your content. On all your devices.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf
(iMessage = Page 47)

Joeleo1937

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All.
Thank you for your responses. I was able to get it to work. After going through the setup process again, I re-booted the iPad and the iMessage App worked fine.
Thank you again, Joe

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All.
Thank you for your responses. I was able to get it to work. After going through the setup process again, I re-booted the iPad and the iMessage App worked fine.
Thank you again, Joe
Excellent to hear, glad to help.

Don't be a stranger!

Most reactions

Latest posts