What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage

Little Woman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the iMessage only work with another device that has iOS5? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I know people with iPhones and I have been trying to use this all day to them and have it yet to work.

Little Woman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can not get the iMessage to work? What am I doing wrong? Do I have to register with iMessage or something? I don't know how I can screw this up! Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all it only works with somebody else who has an iOS5 device. Are you trying to contact somebody who has iOS5 on their registered address for iMessage?
PM me your iMessage address if you want me to try it for you.

Little Woman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all it only works with somebody else who has an iOS5 device. Are you trying to contact somebody who has iOS5 on their registered address for iMessage?
PM me your iMessage address if you want me to try it for you.

Thank you sent you a pm.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
K1W1 said:
Does this form allow spam advertising posts?

No. Just report the post the mods will take care of it. I just did it for you.

Ihanl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Little Woman said:
Does the iMessage only work with another device that has iOS5? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I know people with iPhones and I have been trying to use this all day to them and have it yet to work.

Ok! I finally got mine working properly. Firstly all iMessage senders and receivers must be registered. We all have apple IDs and these confirm our registration. Secondly, my issue was with my son's iPod. He's registered as a device under my settings. I fiddled with the 'manage devices' section in iTunes and now have his iPod sending and receiving messages with my other devices. Hope this helps a little.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok! I finally got mine working properly. Firstly all iMessage senders and receivers must be registered. We all have apple IDs and these confirm our registration. Secondly, my issue was with my son's iPod. He's registered as a device under my settings. I fiddled with the 'manage devices' section in iTunes and now have his iPod sending and receiving messages with my other devices. Hope this helps a little.
Excellent to hear and thanks for the details. I'm sure it will help those that follow. :thumbs:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup sure is neat. I got my first iMessage from my best friend on ipf.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Little Woman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally got mine to work. I had to test it with a nice forum member on here because no one else I know has the iOS 5. I am happy to report it is now working.

Joeleo1937

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.
I am unable to get my ipad2 with ios5 to send imessages. I'm registered in the setup,general,message section and message is turn on.
When I try to send a message, the send button is shaded out and I can't send it. The recipient has an iPad with ios5 too.
Anybody help?
Thanks Joe

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I expect they aren't set up themselves. It's greyed out for that reason.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts