What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage

kaz_nelson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me? I was thinking of using my iPad for teaching but I was a bit worried that any iMessage I received during a keynote presentation would show up on the screen to the whole class. Is this likely to happen? My iPad automatically connects to my schools wifi network.

Thanks in advance

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could turn on airplane mode before beginning a presentation, and turn wifi off. You should not receive notifications if you do this.

OP
K

kaz_nelson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would need to keep wifi on to show clips from YouTube, would the do not disturb feature block iMessages?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do Not Disturb does not turn off alerts.

Turn off Messages in Notifications AND set Alert type to None.

You need to do both of the above to prevent alerts appearing. I just asked my son to send messages until I turned enough features off to suppress alerts, so I know this works.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

OP
K

kaz_nelson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kevin thanks for taking the time to work this out for me, I appreciate it.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. It's handy having a test pilot sitting next to me.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

Most reactions