What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage

mrlewp87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'M FINDING IT NECESSARY TO INSERT MY QUESTION HERE BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE ELSE!!; ..... that is, HOW DO YOU POST IN THIS STINKIN' _\'{*}^><}£^#}><£{^><^>£^{ iPAD APP and/or FORUM????????????
I've searched, and searched, ...... variations on the keywords!! I've gone down all roads / followed forum threads as far as I can, to just find REPLY!!!!!!!??????? No, that's NOT HOW I GOT HERE. THIS IS AN EDIT, of my own thread. But you know that.
You may ask, "Well, mrlewp, how did you post the original thread? GOOD QUESTION!?? IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS DIFFICULT TO FIND IT. Perhaps, I don't know, "Post New Thread". Or, "Ask A Question". Something simple and OBVIOUS. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! Hope I didn't pay for this app!!

(( Orig. post; Had a situation where .............//............nothing to show for it in iPad Settings?))

Last edited:

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
With regards to iMessaging, the recipient has to have activated their iMessage on their device. If not the contact name will be red and the send button greyed out.

OP
M

mrlewp87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, in all fairness I didn't make it clear that she has a "dumb" phone. No web. But I asked about iMsg being WiFi only? And, I questioned why my iPad Messaging was only going with the iMessage option?, which at least suggests that my only concern was to have the message SENT !! I wasn't given a working option, and....as stated, could find NO means of correcting the problem in SETTINGS?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is only capable of sending iMessages to other iDevices. So if she has an ordinary cell phone you cannot send her a text message. Since your iPhone is on a cellular network with a designated phone number you are allowed to send sms text messages to any phone, the iPad does not do this.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
However it may be possible to send a text message to a mobile through your email account.

Try googling this for a how to example:- Sending SMS from Gmail

HTH

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
However it may be possible to send a text message to a mobile through your email account.

Try googling this for a how to example:- Sending SMS from Gmail

HTH

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Many cell phone providers also supply a website for sending SMS messages. This is usually buried somewhere in your personal support pages on their site. Verizon does.

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed an app called "text now". It sends SMS or text messages to any US? Number. I've sent and received both ways, all free. There is a paid version, but I haven't bothered to what else I get from it. The free one is good enough. Just search for it in App Store. Seems that they allow up to 60 second voice calls too. I have not tried that yet.

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I could not find "text now" in the app store but did find "text me" which appears to do the same - I am in the UK so maybe that is why.

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably is country based. Searching App Store for 'text now' was short list, and 'text me' was real long and fascinating what was there. I noticed that I could see the textme one too. It's nice to have choices, if one disappointing can do another.

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB

Most reactions

Latest posts