What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage Questions

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried resetting the iPad? Press and hold the power button then swipe the power off ribbon

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
That's actually restarting the iPad. Here's what I'd recommend in this order (check to see if things are better after each one)...

Quit Apps: To quit an app double press the Home button and the Multitasking Tray will appear at the bottom of the screen revealing all of the open apps. Tap and hold any app icon until all of the icons start jiggling. A red circle with a "-" (minus sign) will appear in the upper left-hand corner of each icon. Tap the red circle and the app will close.

Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Sleep/wake switch on the top edge of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the Sleep/wake switch until the Apple logo appears.

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake switch on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again. More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

fastslasha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same problem as whguening, regarding my iPad. I have tried those restarting iPad as mentioned, I even have swiped my iPad and the same problem is still occurring. Are there any other suggestions?

Most reactions

Latest posts