What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage on ios 5

iHellmy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was installing iOS 5, and I can't use iMessage, is there anyone can help me?...can I send a message in phone number with iMessage?...

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The person you're trying to iMessage must be also running ios 5 for it to work. And I've only gotten it to work with email addresses, not phone numbers.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was installing iOS 5, and I can't use iMessage, is there anyone can help me?...can I send a message in phone number with iMessage?...
Here you go...

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Sending and receiving messages
Using the Messages app and the built-in iMessage service, you can send text messages over Wi-Fi or cellular data connections to other iOS 5 users. Messages can include photos, videos, and otherinfo, let you see when the other person is typing, and let others be notified when you’ve read their messages. Because iMessages are displayed on all of your iOS 5 devices logged in to thesame account, you can start a conversation on one of your devices, then continue it on anotherdevice. iMessages are also encrypted.
Page 47 :)

Last edited:

verwon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not completely accurate, since messages sent to your phone number won't sync to your iPad.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

OP
iHellmy

iHellmy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bimjo said:
The person you're trying to iMessage must be also running ios 5 for it to work. And I've only gotten it to work with email addresses, not phone numbers.

Can you give your Email?...I wanna try....thanks...

OP
iHellmy

iHellmy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
PM the member to see if he/she wants to give you their email. Posting emails on the forum is against the rules (for all of the reasons you can imagine).

Thanks!

Sorry about that

Most reactions

Latest posts