What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imessage on a ipad3

yolanda1985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there I just got a ipad3 32gb wi fi 4g. Any way I'm trying to setup my message part on it and it ask for my apple id and I put it it it says verifying and then g
Just goes back to the start for me to do it all over again!! I don't know what to do sum1 please help me

howielynn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yolanda1985 said:
Hey there I just got a ipad3 32gb wi fi 4g. Any way I'm trying to setup my message part on it and it ask for my apple id and I put it it it says verifying and then g
Just goes back to the start for me to do it all over again!! I don't know what to do sum1 please help me

Hi Yolanda,
It sounds like you may be having problems with your AppleID. This can be tricky. You might have two Apple ID's. If so, since you now have free support from Apple for your new Ipad, maybe you should contact them. I managed to get myself two Apple ID's. I finally got everything workable. You can't delete an Apple ID but you can assign the same password to both. An AppleId is assigned to separate Apple functions. If you have two, then you may have entered the wrong one.
This is assuming you entered a correct AppleId and password. I think I would start by assuming I have only one AppleID and contact Apple.

Howie

iamwangsha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can send message to your friend with APPLE ID in imessage. It is sent by internet, not by caarier sim card.

Lyds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turn on/ off

Mine did that too, i turned off my ipad ( completely off, not just sleep mode) then turned it on, then tried activating again and it worked already.

Purplehaste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yolanda1985 said:

make sure that the contact you trying to reach is on imsg or have an apple ID and connected to wireless network

NOTE: imsg will only work beetween apple product

iPad 3 

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay my friend has a new I phone, company issued, she sends me a msg, yeti cannot reply, what do I do?

claw59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I register someone's phone for iMessage to work on IPad? I can text them from my IPhone, but it will not work on several people on the iMessage function on the IPad.

TY

garstongal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I register someone's phone for iMessage to work on IPad? I can text them from my IPhone, but it will not work on several people on the iMessage function on the IPad.

TY

They will have to register their email address or mobile number in settings to receive iMessages...you can't do it for them.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, sending an iMessage to an Android phone will not work. You must be sending the iMessage to another Apple smart device (iPhone, iPad or iPod). While the iPhone can switch to using the carrier's text service, the iPad can't (cause it's not a cell phone :)). So, that message to the Android(s) will not go through - and they can't sign up for iMessage as it's Apple only.

Your best bet is to find an app in the AppStore that will enable you to send text messages to phones. There are several (maybe even lots!) to choose from.

Marilyn

Seitzbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, sending an iMessage to an Android phone will not work. You must be sending the iMessage to another Apple smart device (iPhone, iPad or iPod). While the iPhone can switch to using the carrier's text service, the iPad can't (cause it's not a cell phone :)). So, that message to the Android(s) will not go through - and they can't sign up for iMessage as it's Apple only.

Your best bet is to find an app in the AppStore that will enable you to send text messages to phones. There are several (maybe even lots!) to choose from.

Marilyn
Do you have a good app to share

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a good app to share
This thread is 4 years old but the advice offered is still true. There's no way to send an iMessage to a non Apple device. There are plenty of message apps in the App Store that will allow sending messages to Android devices but none of them connect to iMessage.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What has changed is that if you have a resonably new iPad (last couple of years) and an iPhone you can set up the Messages app so that the iPad will use the iPhone's SMS capabilty to send/recievie with non-Apple devices. Both devices have to be using the same Apple ID.

This is not using iMessages. It's using SMS, which is a feature of the Messages app available on the iPhone (because only phones have access to SMS).

Most reactions

Latest posts